Details have been announced on the spring cleanup of Town Brook April 20th, Earth Day 2013, Jacksonville Illinois 62650. Please register via our Facebook event page.
Volunteers will be coming together to help clean up the Town Brook. This project is designed as a shoreline clean-up. Litter and debris will be removed from the banks and in shallow water areas. Volunteers MUST be over the age of 18 and all volunteers must sign a waiver form before starting on the clean up project.
Volunteer are asked to:
- bring work gloves
- wear comfortable old clothes
- wear long pants
- wear sturdy shoes with hard soles
- wear insect repellant
- hand sanitizer
- trash grabbers (if you have one)
- Hip Wadders or rain boots (if you wish to get in the water)
Registration will begin at 8:00 AM. Opening Remarks at 8:15 AM. Cleanup begins at 8:30 AM. Start Finishing Up at head back to former Midlands Park Lot at 11:00 AM. Cleanup complete by noon.
If you are interested in helping with this project please join this event today or email (on Event page) or call Lori Oldenettel at email@example.com or 217.370.4597. We would like to have a general idea of how many people are planning to attend so accommodations can be made with planning. We are targeting approximately 100-150 people to participate.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Cassandra and Ryan Turner for use of the Diamond Plaza Parking Lot
- Our Town Books for refreshments
- City of Jacksonville – Parks Department & Street Department
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerece Auxillary – helping with registration
- Town Brook Citizens Committee
Organized by Lori Large Oldenettel, Alderman Ward 2. Learn more at townbrook.com on Facebook.