The Town Brook Initiative of the Jacksonville Parks Foundation encourages all to participate in the city’s Town Brook Cleanup Saturday October 26, 2013 at Diamond Plaza (the old Midland’s, 803 South Diamond). Organized by Alderman Lori Oldenettel and the City of Jacksonville’s Special Studies Town Brook Committee. More on Facebook event page.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age and everyone must sign a waiver. Volunteers are asked to wear long pants and soled shoes. Everyone is encouraged to wear gloves and bring a litter grabber.
Registration will start at 8:00 AM at Diamond Plaza. Volunteers will be divided into small working groups with team captains. Captains will review instructions and provide each peson with a trash bag. Cleanup to start at 8:30 AM.
This cleanup is being funded in part by a grant received from a SCALE (Streambank Cleanup And Lakeshore Enhancement) grant from the EPA. Other support is being provided by:
- Ace Hardware
- City of Jacksonville – Parks & Lakes Department
- City of Jacksonville Street Department
- Diamond Plaza (Cassandra & Ryan Turner)
- Our Town Books (refreshments)
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce Womens Auxiliary (registration)
- Warmowski Photography (photo credit)
- Hembrough Tree & Lawn Care
- County Market
- Morgan Co. Underwater Dive and Rescue
Volunteers, those who wish to serve as a captain and anyone interested in helping sponsor this event is encouraged to contact Lori Large Oldenettel at 217.370.4597 or by email (contact form below). Help clean the Mauvaisterre Creek watershed.