Morgan County is seeking a full time Public Health Administrator for the Morgan County Health Department. Applicants must be certified or qualified to be certified as a Public Health Administrator by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Morgan County has a population of 36,000. The Morgan County Health Department has an annual budget of approximately 1.3 million. Interested parties may submit a resume of experience and qualification with references by 4:30 pm central time on November 15, 2013 to Morgan County Health Department, c/o Morgan County Board of Health, 345 W. State St., Jacksonville, IL, 62650. Applicants should be available to assume the position on January 1, 2014. Employees must reside in Morgan County within six (6) months of date of hire. Help wanted. Employment opportunity. High paying job for Jacksonville, Illinois 62650.
The Health Department is a potential partner in the Town Brook project, for creating a safe and inviting pathway and parkway along Jacksonville’s city creek would encourage citizens to be more active and healthier. See details of the Passavant Area Hospital and Morgan County Health Department ‘s Community Health Needs Assessment for Morgan County which said Metabolic Syndrome is a priority health concern for the local medical community.
Sample statistics for Jacksonville-area population . . .
- Coronary heart disease: 22% for Morgan County to 19% for Illinois
- Age adjusted crude rate: 249.2 for Morgan County to149 for Illinois
- Heart attack rate: 5.1 for Morgan County to 3.7 for Illinois
- Cerebrovascular: 9% for Morgan County to 6% for Illinois
- Age adjusted crude rate: 100.8 for Morgan County to 46.6 for Illinois
- Stroke: 3.2 for Morgan County to 2.6 for Illinois
- Diseases of the heart, coronary heart disease and cerebrovascular disease accounted for 54% of the 2007 deaths in Morgan County. Life expectancy is 77.05 in Morgan County versus 78.76 in Illinois.
- Other statistics show that obesity levels are higher than the state average: 29% for Morgan County vs. 26.3% for Illinois, sedentary lifestyle: 28.6% for Morgan County vs. 25% for Illinois, high blood pressure: 31.1% for Morgan County vs. 26.8% for Illinois, diabetes: 8.5% for Morgan County vs. 4.8% for Illinois, smokers: 30.1% for Morgan County vs. 16.9% for Illinois and no medical physical for a 2 year period or longer: 61.7% for Morgan County vs. 44.3% for Illinois.